Routine Laboratory Tests
Our most frequently used tests are listed here.
Please contact the poultry veterinary or laboratory team to discuss your requirements.
Sample collection kits are available for many tests on request.
Please contact us for submission forms and all test enquiries.
- Avian Encephalomyelitis Virus (AE)
- Avian Rhinotracheitis Virus (ART)
- Chicken Anaemia Virus (CAV)
- Egg drop syndrome 76 (EDS76)
- Enteric Reovirus Strain (ERS)
- Gumboro Disease (IBD) (including vaccination prediction)
- Haemorrhagic Enteritis
- Infectious Bronchitis Virus M41 strain (IBM41)
- IB variant 793B
- IB variant 1466
- IB variant D274
- IB variant D388 (QX)
- IB variant 755/03 (Italian isolate 02)
- Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT)
- Marek’s Disease
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum (Mg)
- Mycoplasma synoviae (Ms)
- Mycoplasma meleagridis (Mm)
- Newcastle Disease Virus (ND)
- Ornithobacterium Rhinotracheale (ORT)
- Paramyxovirus- 1 (PMV-1)
- Paramyxovirus- 3 (PMV-3)
- Reoviruses (Reo)
- Salmonella Testing: Overshoes, Cloacal swabs, hygiene swabs, feed testing, chick box liners, water
- General bacteriology from tissues or swabs.
- Antibiogram and MIC (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration) tests
- Water Testing – Full bacteriological profile, Total Viable Counts (TVC’s), Enterococcus, Pseudomonas.
- Hygiene Testing – Clean-out swabs and dipslides.
- Chlamydia isolation
- Clostridia isolation
- Campylobacter isolation
- Litter testing – including Aspergillus
- Air samples from hatcheries and processing plants
- Eggs and meconium testing
- Food testing
- Real time quantitative PCR for Campylobacter (C. coli and C. jejuni)
Helminthology – checking for worm eggs in faeces samples Protozoology – checking for protozoa e.g. coccidial oocysts, trichomonads, hexamita. Other tests that we perform are:
- Water mineral content
- Water nitrate content
- Water pH, Chlorine.
- Feed testing: protein, minerals etc
- Fungus and Moulds isolation – including Aspergillus
- Mycoplasma cultures